Friday, December 2, 2022

Gone....but not forgotten!


We ran across this clipping recently and spent a while recalling memories of Whitney school graduates and their reunions over the years –  sometimes they took place in Crawford, others in Chadron and some even in Whitney.....imagine that!

The photo and caption above appeared in the Whitney News section of the Chadron Record on Wednesday, July 6, 1977.  It was a gathering of Whitney High School grads for their 50th Class Reunion conducted in the Crawford City Park.  We don't have an actual photographic print – but this newspaper clipping sufficed in conjuring up lots of memories of these attendees.  I believe the clipping was passed along to me years ago by my late mother-in-law, Eva (Cunningham) Galey.  While I knew some of these folks better than others – I certainly remember all of their family names....and many of their family members.

The last Whitney School reunion of which I'm aware took place more than a decade ago......on May 29, 1911 in the "new" Whitney School, which – like the  – is no longer a school......but remains standing.  For a gallery of photos from that event, visit our WHITNEY SCHOOL REUNION .